Saturday, June 11, 2011

Where Dreams Are Made Of...

The day didn't really start out well...
the stupid megabus had to change cars within half hour of traveling...
then the US customs are threatening everyone, interrogating everyone, not wanting anyone to go into their country...
Why would a world "super power" be so insecure? Where is the gesture of being a leader?

It is pretty interesting that I met this girl from Cabbagetown, she was asking directions to the Penn Station, being a guy, of course I need to pretend that I do know how to get there...
Good thing that I saw which way the bus made from, so led her the right way...
she is really great in giving me some interesting places her friend suggested her to go to in NYC.. cause it was her first time into the city...
There is this place that seems very very interesting, called PDT, which means "Please Don't Tell", where u have to find this really shady hot dog shop, take the telephone there at the phone booth and ask to be let in... Woo secretive... I like...

Finally when I get into New York City , it is already around 9pm...
finding my way to the hostel is around 10pm...
luckily, they had free BBQ last night at the backyard... which is great...
even though the pork chop is a bit dry... but hey.. it is free... be grateful...
And Vancouver won the game!!! yea.. I was just in time for the game winning goal...




The hostel itself, New York Loft Hostel, is very nice, clean, stylish, cool ppl, but the area itself seems a bit shady, I was a bit scare when I had to walk around myself last night looking for it...
Note to self, don't come back too late by subway...

The room itself, sleeping over 16 ppl, you can expect not being able to get much sleep, as the doors keep banging the whole night, opening and closing, bang bang bang...
but I guess everyone is friendly and just looking for a cover for the night...
Good thing that ppl don't snore and I sleep right next to the AC for staying cool..

Going to be raining the next two days...
I guess need to stay indoor, hiding in some museum or something...
looking forward to the New Museum, MOMA, and the McQueen exhibition...



When I walk around the city, the Alicia Keys song keep ringing in my head...
New York, place where dreams are made of...
Really?? where is this dream... I hope I can find it again here...
Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind

No comments: