Thursday, September 28, 2006

In remembrance...

It was Sunday afternoon, while i was having lunch with my brother and sisters after worship...
then suddenly got a call from my mom, who rarely calls me on my cell...
and i can hear her voice being a bit shaky... but pretend to be calm at first...
just a moment later just burst out in tears and said...
"#2 aunt may not be able to make it... you should come to the hospital right away..."

Almost all the sisters from my mom's side have moved to Canada together
and we will always have these big family gatherings almost every week...
there will be about 20 ppl all clamped into one house..including all the kids and stuff...
and so the family ties are really close...
and my #2 aunt had always been really faithful in church....
kind and helpful to everyone...

When i arrive at the ICU, i can see almost everyone of my relatives there already,
everyone looking very grave and some still having tears in their eyes...
i couldn't really believe this is really happening, it was all so sudden,
my aunt had a brain stroke...
there was no signs or warnings...
she was at home going to take a shower
and the next moment, she fell to the floor...
was not able to breath on her own, only the heart is still pounding...
and by 6pm, the doctor declared her offically brain dead and passed away...

My mom told me that she was really glad that the 4 sisters had a gathering the night before...
where they were able to share their struggles...
and one of the struggle that my aunt was having...
was worrying about my cousin who have left God for a long time now...
also my little cousin who is studying aboard and my aunt had to be her guidance here...
but cause she was a bit hard to take care of...
cause the two cousins weren't getting along were in the same house...
they were helping for God's help...
then the next day, this happens...

My cousin was really upsad, but believe that they will be meeting again in the heavens...
and said that will still take up my aunt's will to take care of her...

If this is God's will...
as it is not always what we wished for...
will you still be able to obey and accept it when it goes for the wrong turn?

3 comments:

lik said...

i gets a little emotional as i read along (and ur music does create some sad atmosphere...)

i'm really sorry to learn that ur aunt just pass away, I'll pray that God will heal this wound in ur heart and ur family's. it's sad to lose someone close . take care

Drunken Angel said...

hmm...i guess just have to learn that when you are asking for God's will, will you be really willing to accept what he had planned when it turns out different than what you hoped for...

lik said...

that depends on whether u trust Him to a point that it conflicts with your own "philosophy", right?